Saturday, January 15, 2011

Training continues!

Training for the Bike MS: Citrus Tour 2011 officially began last weekend! During my first ride after deciding to participate in the Citrus Tour, I immediately noticed a quicker pace and quicker mile times - it's incredible what riding for a good cause will do for your motivation!

As I previously posted, I've had some trouble finding another decent pair of riding shorts over the past week or so. RealCyclist.com wasn't able to provide me with the short I wanted, but certainly made up for that in taking care of me during the process; I still recommend them if you're looking for a good deal on bike gear. I ended up with a pair that I found at Orange Cycle here in Orlando. The guys there are very knowledgeable and typically have some pretty good sales. Anyone in the Orlando area with an interest in biking has to check them out!

This morning I tried out the new shorts on a ride with some co-workers and they were great - thanks guys at OC! Now, I know that anyone reading this who can look outside and see snow either falling or on the ground is going to laugh when I say that riding this morning in the 40s was cold, but it was! It took me a good 4 miles or so just to get warm. After that, it was a great ride. I rode out to Oviedo to meet up with my friends and did a turn-around and headed back to Winter Park and into Orlando. It was a great ride!

The trails I currently ride are pretty flat for the most part. Tomorrow, I plan on heading out to the West Orange Trail, which is much longer than the trails I currently ride and also boasts some pretty decent hills (by Florida standards, anyway). It will hopefully allow me to build both endurance for longer distances and strength in my legs with the hills. I also hear that parts of the trail are pretty cool with bike shops and restaurants that open up to the trail itself (side note: these trails are designated specifically for people to ride bikes, rollerblade (people actually still do that), walk, run, etc.). I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Training is off to a great start! I'll be sure to keep you in the loop. I'll be posting information about how you can support my fundraising to fight MS in the near future. Thanks again to everyone that has not only expressed interest in donating to this cause, but also given me the motivation to tackle this goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment