Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Progress continues...

After a great ride on Saturday, I did a little over 22 miles on Sunday and the same ride again today. Monday was pretty painful. Back-to-back rides are something I'm definitely going to have to get used to. One thing I found out this evening with a trip to a local bike shop is that I need a new seat. I was looking over some of the newer bikes and saw some interesting seats, looking nothing like mine. Apparently the seat I have now is horrible for my undercarriage and can leave lasting damage due to the way it's molded. So, before rides this weekend, I will be swapping out my seat with a new one that won't leave me in so much pain!

Something I've been in denial about for the past 2 weeks is the resurfacing of an old running issue: a groin strain. Yeah yeah... not pretty. Too much information - but that's the beauty of a blog: I write whatever I want! It hasn't been painful during riding, so I've continued to do so, while stretching and icing around every corner. I went to see the doc the other day, who was about 40 minutes late, just so he could charge my insurance probably close to $200 only to refer me to someone who knows more than he does about my muscle strain. With the race coming up in May, I figure now is a better time to address the issue than any closer to the race. Physical therapy will commence soon and I'll be able to oust this and continue training on schedule.

Up this weekend: more miles on the bike. Surprise surprise! I've also got a big work event starting on Sunday and continuing through Tuesday. Cruise in just over 2 weeks! (I hope they offer spinning on the ship!)

No comments:

Post a Comment