Monday, January 10, 2011

Making Right

There's nothing worse than making a purchase and then when it's not what you thought it would be, the place you bought it from turns out to be unprofessional and not really care about your situation, much less making it right.

Well, one company that's got customer service down is RealCyclist.com. I recently ordered a new pair of biking shorts online. After chatting live with someone about the product, it seemed like what I was looking for, so I ordered. I just received it today (5 days early with their free shipping) and it turned out to not be what I was hoping for. I jumped online and chatted with Nate, one of their product gurus, and he helped me find something that was more in line with what I wanted - almost like a personal shopper! When I asked if their standard shipping would get me the shorts before the long weekend (weather is looking amazing for the long weekend), he said maybe, but no promises. He then followed up quickly by saying that he would be willing to upgrade my order to 2-day UPS shipping at no additional charge - hello long weekend full of riding! This is how customer service should be everywhere!

Essentially, I love giving credit where it's due. If you do a great job, hell, you deserve to know it. So, RealCyclist.com, well done! You've made a long-time customer out of me and certainly earned my referral to anyone looking for biking gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment