Thursday, January 20, 2011

113 Days til Race Day!

When I spoke with Chris at David's World Cycle, she told me that if I could do 65 miles on a Saturday and 55 miles on Sunday two weeks before the race, I would be in good shape. While I think the distance will be hard, I think the hardest part will be getting my body to be able to rest overnight so that the second leg of the race is do-able.

This weekend I'm going to head back out to Winter Garden (WG) and jump on the West Orange Trail. This time, I'll be heading west, where I hear there are more hills and climbs. Mapping it out on the Google Maps Bicycling feature (which is amazing), it should be just over 30 miles. Sunday I'll probably stay local and try and fit 25 miles into the Cady Way Trail somehow (my last round trip was 22.3). If I can get 55 - 60 miles in this weekend, I will be happy. Plus, with WG being such a cool town, Annie's going to come out with me and hang around while I ride and then we'll grab lunch and scope out the local scene. There are one or two bike shops right there as well and I figure if I'm going to be out there most weekends, it's in my best interest to make some friends!

I've got 113 days to turn my 60-mile weekends into 150-mile weekends. It's certainly a challenge, but if it were easy, I probably wouldn't be doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment