Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis the season

I've been out of touch lately due to the end of the semester as well as some very busy deadlines at work. Traveling for work while working towards a Masters is quite a task. With final presentations and huge papers taking up most of my time in the past month, I'm finally able to put that all behind me and enjoy a month or so before the next semester begins and dominates my life.

This past weekend, Annie and I went to Animal Kingdom. I had never been before but have always loved going to Busch Gardens and heard that it was similar in that it is a theme park with animals. Since we got the annual pass, we've been to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival and now Animal Kingdom. We had a blast! My favorite part was the safari. A lot of the animals were actually out early in the morning so it was nice to see them all - a lot of them I had never seen before. We also went on Expedition Everest twice. I do not recommend that ride after stopping for corn-dog nuggets.

As I have every year, I'll be heading north for Christmas. Normally I would say that I'm looking forward to a dose of cold weather but this morning it was 20 degrees in Central Florida - not exactly balmy as it should be. I'm still looking forward to being home to spend some good time with family. Annie will be heading to Oklahoma to see her family. Since we won't be together for Christmas, we decided to book a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas as our gift to each other! We will be going in mid-February, sailing out of Port Canaveral on Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas!

I hope this message finds everyone well. I have tried uploading pictures on here but what a pain in the ass! They always upload rotated in the wrong direction and it doesn't allow you to correct them. Hopefully I'll be able to fix this soon and continue uploading pictures.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment